Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
1. Adsorption & Separation:
2. Metal-organic frameworks synthesis, characterization and application
- Carbon capture from industrial flue gases by metal-organic frameworks
- Hydrogen and Methane storage for automobile applications
- Alkane/Alkene and hydrocarbons non thermal membrane based separation from refinary gases
- Heavy metal (Eg: Uranium, Vanadium and Nickel) and contaminants removal from water
- Density functional theory (DFT)
- Molecular dynamics (MD) & Grand Canonical Monte Carlo (GCMC) Simulations
- Regression Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Phone:0891-2856060 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Chemical process technology
2. Computer-Aided process engineering
3. Introduction to chemical engineering
4. Reaction engineering laboratory
1. M.S & PhD - Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai (2020)
- Thesis: Multiscale modelling of adsorption hydrogen storage in metal-organic frameworks
2. B. Tech in Chemical Engineering - Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam (2014)
1. Assistant Professor - Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam (2021- Present)2. Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Liverpool (2020-2021)
- Project: Data-driven modeling and high throughput screening of metal-organic frameworks for ethane and ethylene separation
3. Institute postdoctoral fellowship at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (2020)
- Project: Investigation of oxidative dehydrogenation (ODH) reaction mechanism of ethane to ethylene with CO2
- Sridhar, P., and Niket S. Kaisare. "A critical analysis of transport models for refueling of MOF-5 based hydrogen adsorption system." Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry (2020).
- Palla S, Kaisare NS. On-board hydrogen storage in an adsorbent bed: Development of a multi-scale dynamic "1D-plus-1D" model. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2020).
- Palla S, Kaisare NS. Evaluating the Impact of Pellet Densification and Graphite Addition for Design of On-Board Hydrogen Storage in a Fixed Bed of MOF-5 Pellets. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2020).
- Mohan TV, Palla S, Kuppan B, Kaisare NS, Selvam P. Hydrogen Sorption Characteristics of Ordered Mesoporous Carbons: Experimental and Modeling View Point. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data. 2018;63(12):4543-4551.
- Ethiraj Jayashree, Palla S, and Helge Reinsch. "Insights into high pressure gas adsorption properties of ZIF-67: Experimental and theoretical studies." Microporous and Mesoporous Materials (2019): 109867.
- Rimita Bose, Jayashree Ethiraj, Palla S, Jithin John Varghese, Kaisare NS, Parasuraman Selvam. Adsorption of Hydrogen and Carbon Dioxide in Zeolitic Imidazolate Framework Structure with SOD Topology: Experimental and Modelling Studies. Adsorption journal (2020).
- Mohan, T.V.R., Palla, S., Selvam, P., 2023. Experimental and modelling studies of carbon dioxide capture onto pristine, nitrogen-doped, and activated ordered mesoporous carbons. RSC Adv. 13, 22133–22144.
- Pritam, Kocherlakota, Harish Puppala, Sridhar Palla, Dadi V. Suriapparao, and Tanmay Basak. "A two-step hybrid multi-criteria approach to analyze the significance of parameters affecting Microwave-Assisted Pyrolysis." Process Safety and Environmental Protection (2023).
- Hamzah, Husam Talib, Veluru Sridevi, Dadi Venkata Surya, Sridhar Palla, Abhishek Yadav, and Poiba Venkata Rao. "Conventional and microwave-assisted acid pretreatment of tea waste powder: analysis of functional groups using FTIR." Environmental Science and Pollution Research (2023): 1-10.
- Palla S, Kaisare NS. A Combined Adsorbent Bed and Pellet Model for Adsorptive Hydrogen Storage. AIChE Annual meeting October 28 - November 2, 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Mohan, T.V.R.; Palla, S.; Kaisare, N.S.; Selvam, P., Experimental and Modelling Assessments of Hydrogen in Hexagonal Ordered Mesoporous Carbons, 3rd Int. Conf. on Advanced Energy Materials, September 10-12, 2018, Surrey, UK.
1. "Experimental and theoretical investigation of metal-organic framework (MOF) adsorbents for post-combustion carbon capture" under Institute Research Grant (IRG)
Consultant to the GITAA Pvt Ltd for the Data Science related problems
Member of the Examination and Scholarship committee
Ms Minu Kumari, Co-guided by Dr Gupta from the Department of Chemistry
1. “Carbon capture and separation from flue gases” talk at "Technology Needs Assessment- Energy Efficiency with focus on Steel and other industries" workshop at RINL steel plant Visakhapatnam.
2. "Hydrogen generation and storage" talk at HPCL Samavesh training program for diploma trainees at HPCL training center Visakhapatnam