About ChE IIPE
Offering both undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.Tech and PhD) programs, the Department of Chemical Engineering aims to provide students with the extensive knowledge they need to be a part of the Energy Sector in the Indian Industrial space. The courses provided are a balanced mix of traditional areas—reaction engineering, thermodynamics, process control, etc.—and emerging areas—waste management, renewable energy, machine learning, nanoscience, etc.—of chemical engineering. Students are given hands-on experience with various simulation software (MATLAB, Aspen, Fluent), along with access to laboratories which have the latest equipment and machinery
- The department faculty are involved in industrial consultancy and various sponsored involved in various research projects, particularly interdisciplinary ones, in collaboration with industry. The focus areas of this research in the department include distribution networks, energy storage, surface and plasma engineering, water treatment, machine learning, and pollution abatement, to name a few. .
- With support from Indian PSUs in the oil and natural gas sectors (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL), etc.), the Department of Chemical Engineering continually strives to create an environment wherein students can not only learn, but also experience and implement; to become highly motivated individuals with the skill and knowledge required to make a difference in the Chemical Industry.
From the Head of the Department
The Department of Chemical Engineering was established in 2016 to achieve the objectives of IIPE, i.e., providing skilled personnel for the Oil and Natural Gas industry.
- The department started its operation with a B.Tech. Chemical Engineering Program and an intake of 50 students. Subsequently, Ph.D. and Masters's degree programs are incorporated in the years 2020 and 2022 respectively.
- Process Modeling and Simulation, Energy Management, Transport Modeling, Pollution Abatement, Catalysis and Reaction Engineering, Multiphase modeling and molecular simulations, Adsorption Separation, and Polymers are the focus areas of research in the department, especially from the perspective of the oil and gas sector.
- The faculty in the department are involved in industrial consultancy and sponsored research projects. The department is steadily building up the laboratory infrastructure necessary for UG, PG, and research activities. With the steady increase in faculty research consultancies and sponsored projects, the department is progressing in the right direction of success.
- The department has an active IIChE student chapter. The department organizes webinars and tech talks to improve both the technical and behavioral skills of students.
Click on the icons to get redirected to the corresponding information either in the institute website or as a separate file.
The Department of Chemical Engineering, IIPE Visakhapatnam offers the following programs.
B.Tech.Chemical Engineering is the first program that has been offered from the inception of the department. Admission into this program is based on JEE advanced rank secured by the candidates. Click on the explore button for more details about the JEE advanced examination.
Click on the explore button for more information on different categories of admission into Ph.D. programs and their eligibility criteria.
L Karunakar ReddyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Area:Thermal Energy Storage
Diwakar PatelResearch Area: Waste Water Treatment
Himanshu AsatiEmail: email@example.com
Research Area:Advanced Materials for Energy and Waste Water Treatment
Mr. Pedapati R Krishna,Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Area: Data Science and /Machine learning, Chemical Process Systems
Mr. Ankit Rawal,Email: email@example.com
Research Area:Chemical Engineering
Satyaprasad YerraEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The department currently has the following broad research themes. Research areas of faculty members can be obtained by clicking on the individual faculty names. List of faculty working on a particular research theme can be obtained by hovering over those research theme images. Click on the links in the individual research themes to know more about them.
- All Faculty
- Dr. Venkata Reddy
- Dr. Pratibha Biswal
- Dr. Dipankar Pal
- Dr. Raka Mondal
- Dr. Tanneru Hemanth Kumar
- Dr. Balla Mounika
- Dr. Kurada Venkata Krishnasri
- Dr. Ravi Kumar Sonwani
- Dr. Sridhar Palla
- Dr. Mandapaka Ravi Kiran
- Dr. Seshagiri Rao Ambati
Recruiters from both public and private sectors related to the downstream processing of the oil and gas industry are visiting the department for campus placements. Apart from the traditional refining jobs, organizations working on the allied areas of construction, analytics, marketing and edutech companies having the oil and gas energy vertices also visited the department for placements for the passed out batches. Some of our previous recruiters are
2nd Floor, AU Engg College Main Block,
Visakhapatnam - 530003