The next batch of IIPE is graduating in 2024 and we welcome all the recruiters to the IIPE Placement Drive 2024
Why Recruit @ IIPE:
- The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) is an institute of National Importance at par with IITs and IIMs and was established vide the Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy Act, 2017 (No: 3 of 2018). It is an autonomous institute, under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India and supported by public sector Oil and Gas companies such as HPCL, IOCL, ONGC, GAIL and OIL. The objective of establishing IIPE is to meet the quantitative and qualitative gap and supply of skilled manpower for Petroleum Sector and to boost the research activities needed for growth of energy sector.
- Industry trained students through internships and industrial visits.
- Standing example for Industry-Academia interface with lead Oil & Gas Industries experts on General Council.
- Modern Lab and Classroom facilities.
- Flexible curriculum.
- Student Friendly environment.
Recruiters from both public and private sectors related to both Upstream and downstream processing of the oil and gas industry are visiting the IIPE for campus placements. Apart from the traditional Core jobs, organizations working in the allied areas of Data Science, Analytics, Renewable Energy and Artificial Intelligence having the oil and gas energy verticals also visited the Institute for placements. Some of our previous recruiters are:
Only the cream of talented students gets the opportunity to study in IIPE. Students are admitted based on their rank in IIT-JEE Advanced only. IIPE gives equal emphasis on the all-round development of students along with the core technical knowledge. Students are encouraged to participate in various academic events such as technical fests, workshops, seminars, etc. Their active participation in extracurricular activities aided in their communication skills and developed their self-confidence. The extra-curricular events in the institute are organized by students which honed their leadership and managerial skills.
Currently, IIPE is offering two B. Tech courses i.e., Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering. The unique course curriculum is designed by eminent professors from IITs with inputs from the Oil and Gas industry experts. A few distinctive highlights of the curriculum are:
- An innovation lab course that encourages the students for out-of-box thinking and execution of their ideas. It also nurtures the entrepreneurial aptitude in students.
- Courses training students throughout on programming, Information technology, Data analytics and AI.
-Courses on Industrial psychology, project engineering and management to help them fit better in the industrial scenarios.
03 Rules & Procedure:
The Career Development Cell (CDC) invites industry/organizations to visit IIPE, Visakhapatnam for recruitment/ internship of final year Petroleum and Chemical Engineering students. Companies which have not received an invitation from CDC are also welcome to visit IIPE for campus recruitment, and they are requested to contact email@example.com for further processing. The companies interested to visit IIPE are requested to send the filled Job Notification Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
04 Hospitality & Logistics:
IIPE will arrange accommodation in a nearby hotel on request from the visiting company. Local transportation within Visakhapatnam will be taken care of by IIPE. Companies may choose to conduct the selection procedures to be either online (if needed).
The Career Development Cell (CDC), IIPE is well equipped to conduct smooth interview processes at its temporary campus. The visiting companies are requested to mention their requirements in the JOB NOTIFICATION FORM (JNF). IIPE is equipped with the following facilities at our campus:
1. Well furnished and air-conditioned room with video conferencing facility for conducting tests and interviews.
2. Auditorium with modern amenities for group discussions and Pre-Placement Talk (PPT)
3. Wi-Fi facility at the campus with a maximum speed of 100 mbps.
4. Student placement committee members to assist in the selection process as and when required.
Dr. Geetanjali ChauhanAssistant professor
Dr. Ravi Kiran MandapakaAssistant professor
Mr. SateeshPlacement Officer
Phone: +91 8143799008
2nd Floor, AU Engg College Main Block, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530003