Dr. Hemanth Kumar, Tanneru
Dept. of Chemical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy
Cabin B, Room 316, Second Floor, AU Engineering college
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-hemanth-kumar-tanneru-5619445b/
Ph.D. (2017) Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai, 600036, India.
Thesis: Modeling and performance enhancement of micro-photosynthetic power cells.
B.Tech. (2010) Chemical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara University College of Engineering, Tirupathi, 517502, India.
Thesis: Distillation column design using Aspen Plus for a binary mixture of Propane and Isobutane
- July 2019 - Present Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy
- April 2019 - June 2019 Consultant, Gyan Data Private Limited, IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai, 600036, India.
- Apr 2018 - April 2019 Postdoctoral fellow, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Sep 2017 - Mar 2018 Consultant, Gyan Data Private Limited, IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai, 600036, India.
- Jul 2017 - Aug 2017 Project officer, IC&SR, IIT Madras, Chennai, 600036, India.
- Aug 2016 - Mar 2017 Research intern, Gyan Data Private Limited, IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai, 600036, India.
- Jul 2011 - Jul 2016 Half Time-Teaching Assistant, IIT Madras, Chennai, 600036, India.
- Feb 2011 - Jul 2011 Project Assistant, IISC Bangalore, Bangalore, 560012, India.
- Aug 2010 - Jan 2011 Amararaja Batteries Private Limited, Tirupathi, 517 520, India.
Jan- Many 2020
- Process integration and system design
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Biochemical Engineering
IITM: Half time Teaching assistant
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Modern Control Theory
- Numerical Methods Laboratory
- System Identification
Awards and Honors
- Best Poster Award at the Research Scholars Symposium on “Modeling and Optimization of Micro-photosynthetic Power Cells (RSD 2K17)”, Chennai, 2017.
- Gold Medal in B.Tech. Chemical Engineering at Sri Venkateswara University College of Engineering in 2006-10 batch, Tirupathi.
- Visweswaraiah Prathibha Puraskar award in B.Tech. Chemical Engineering at Sri Venkateswara University College of Engineering in Tirupathi, 2009.
- Hemanth Kumar Tanneru, Kiran Kuruvinashetti, Pragasen Pillay, Raghunathan Rengaswamy, and Muthukumaran Packirisamy. "Feasibility Studies of Micro Photosynthetic Power Cells as a Competitor of Photovoltaic Cells for Low and Ultra-Low Power IoT Applications" Energies 12, no. 9 (2019): 1595.
- Hemanth Kumar Tanneru, Kiran Kuruvinashetti, Pragasen Pillay, Raghunathan Rengaswamy and Muthukumaran Packirisamy, “Perspective—Micro Photosynthetic Power Cells”, Journal of Electrochemical Society, Vol.166, Issue.9, Pages: B3012-B3016, 2019.
- Srinivasan Raman, Sundaram Bhardwaj, Sathish Swaminathan, Hemanth Kumar Tanneru and Raghunathan Rengaswamy, “Rapid humidity regulation by mixing of dry and humid gases with feedback control for PEM fuel cells ”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 44, 389-407, 2019.
- Hemanth Kumar Tanneru, Resmi Suresh, and Raghunathan Rengaswamy, "On modeling and optimization of micro-photosynthetic power cells", Computers and Chemical Engineering, 107, ( 2017):284-293.
- Hemanth Kumar Tanneru, Resmi Suresh, Aravind Vyas Ramanan, Shahparnia Mehdi, Muthukumaran Packirisamy, Pragasen Pillay, Sheldon Williamson, Philippe Juneau, and Raghunathan Rengaswamy, "Micro photosynthetic cell for power generation from algae: Bio-electrochemical modeling and verification", Technology, 04, (2016): 249-258.
- Resmi Suresh, Hemanth Kumar Tanneru, and Raghunathan Rengaswamy. "Modeling of rechargeable batteries." Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering, 13, (2016): 63-74.
- Srinivasan Raman, Sundaram Bhardwaj, Sathish Swaminathan, Hemanth Kumar Tanneru and Raghunathan Rengaswamy, Rapid humidity control: Comparison of PI and model based control algorithms for fuel cell applications, AEM 2017, University of Surrey, Guildford, England, 11-13 September 2017
- Srinivasan Raman, Tanneru Hemanth Kumar, Brian Bullecks and Raghunathan Rengaswamy , “Gas Mixing Based-Rapid Humidity Control In PEM Fuel Cells”, CHEMCON 2015, the 68th Annual Session of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, IIT Guwahati, Assam, India, 27-30 December, 2015
- Tanneru Hemanth Kumar, and Raghunathan Rengaswamy, "First Principles Modeling and Optimization of Photosynthetic Cell", AIChE 2015 Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, 8-13 November, 2015.
- M.P. Resmi Suresh, Tanneru Hemanth Kumar, Raghunathan Rengaswamy, "Understanding Double Layer in Electrodes Using Scaling Analysis: Applications to battery modeling", ECS Conference on Electrochemical Energy conversion and storage with SOFC-XIV, Glasgow, Scotland, 26-31 July, 2015.
- Tanneru Hemanth Kumar, M. P. Resmi Suresh, R. Rengaswamy, A.V. Ramanan, S. Mehdi, P. Muthukumaran, P. Pillay, S. S. Williamson, "Modeling of Bio-Electrochemical and Mechanical Interactions in a Photosynthetic Cell", ECS Conference, Chicago, IL, USA, 24-28 May, 2015.