Porous medium transport, adsorption and reaction, wastewater treatment, photocatalysis, mixed matrix membrane
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 9932631600, 0891-285-6034
2012-2016: Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
2010-2012: Masters in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
2006-2010: B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
July 2019-present: Assistant Professor; Chemical Engineering; Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, Visakhapatnam
Sep 2016- Oct 2017: Post-Doctoral Researcher, Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford, UK
1. Mass Transfer -I in 5th Semestar (3rd year) of class strength 50
Advanced Separation Process in 7h Semestar (4th year) of class strength 50
1. Vice-Chancellor's Innovation Award for Team Work, 2018 by University of Oxford for the collaborative work between IIT Kharagpur and University of Oxford.
2. Have been awarded research funding under the short term scientific mission (STSM) scheme by MI-NET for a joint project with Water Development Authority, Limassol and University of Cyprus.
3. Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award for “Adsorptive removal of phenolic compounds using mixed matrix membrane of cellulose acetate pthalate and alumina nanoparticle" in the year 2014.
4. Second award for best poster in Research Scholars’ Day, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, 2015
IIChE life membership
1. Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, A flat sheet mixed-matrix membrane (MMM) involving cellulose acetate phthalate (CAP) and powdered activated carbon (PAC) to treat industrial effluent and the process of its manufacture, filed for Indian Patent 783/KOL/2014.
2. Sourav Mondal, Barun Kumar Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mrinmoy Mondal, Raka Mukherjee, Anirban Roy, Biswajit Barman, Sirshendu De, Design of low cost arsenic filter using activated laterite, filed for Indian Patent 430/KOL/2013.
1. Raka Mondal, Sourav Mondal, Krishnasri V Kurada, Saikat Bhattacharjee, Sourav Sengupta, Mrinmoy Mondal, Sankha Karmakar, Sirshendu De, Ian M Griffiths, Modelling the transport and adsorption dynamics of arsenic in a soil bed filter, Chemical Engineering Science 210 (2019) DOI: doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2019.115205.
2. Raka Mondal, Graham Benham, Sourav Mondal, Paul Christodoulides, Natasa Neokleous and Katerina Kaouri, Modelling and optimization of water management in sloping coastal aquifers with seepage, extraction and recharge, Journal of Hydrology 571 (2019) 471-484 (I.F. 3.727).
3. Mrinmoy Mondal, Raka Mukherjee, Apurva Sinha, Supriya Sarkar, Sirshendu De, Removal of cyanide from steel plant effluent using coke breeze, a waste product of steel industry, Journal of Water Process Engineering 28 (2019) 135-143 (Cite-score 4.00)
4. Raka Mukherjee, Prasenjit Bhunia, Sirshendu De, Long term filtration modelling and scaling up of mixed matrix ultrafiltration hollow fiber membrane: a case study of chromium(VI) removal, Journal of Membrane Science, 570 (2019) 204-214. (I.F. 6.6)
5. Raka Mukherjee, Prasenjit Bhunia, Sirshendu De, Nanofiltration range desalination by high flux graphene oxide impregnated ultrafiltration hollow fiber mixed matrix membrane, Journal of Cleaner Production, 213 (2019) 393-405. (I.F. 5.7).
6. Sourav Mondal, Anirban Roy, Raka Mukherjee, Mrinmoy Mondal, Sankha Karmakar, Somak Chatterjee, Munmun Mukherjee, Saikat Bhattacharjee , Sirshendu De, A socio-economic study along with impact assessment for laterite based technology demonstration for arsenic mitigation, Science of the Total Environment, 583 (2017) 142-152. (I.F. 4.6).
7. Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, Preparation of polysulfone titanium di oxide mixed matrix hollow fiber membrane and elimination of long term fouling by in situ photoexcitation during filtration of phenolic compounds, Chemical Engineering Journal, 302 (2016) 773-785. (I.F. 6.7).
8. Raka Mukherjee, Prasenjit Bhunia, Sirshendu De, Impact of graphene oxide on removal of heavy metals using mixed matrix membrane, Chemical Engineering Journal, 292 (2016) 284-297.(I.F. 6.7).
9. Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, Novel carbon-nanoparticle polysulfone hollow fiber mixed matrix ultrafiltration membrane: Adsorptive removal of benzene, phenol and toluene from aqueous solution, Separation and Purification Technology, 157 (2016) 229-240. (I.F. 3.9).
10. Raka Mukherjee, Mrinmoy Mondal, Apurva Sinha, Supriya Sarkar, Sirshendu De, Application of nanofiltration membrane for treatment of chloride rich steel plant effluent, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 4 (2016) 1-9.
11. Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, Preparation, characterization and application of powdered activated carbon-cellulose acetate phthalate mixed matrix membrane for treatment of steel plant effluent, Polymer for Advanced Technology, 27 (2016) 444-459. (I.F. 2.1).
12. Raka Mukherjee, Rahul Sharma, Parveen Saini, Sirshendu De, Nanostructured polyaniline incorporated ultrafiltration membrane for desalination of brackish water, Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology, 1 (2015) 893-904. (I.F. 3.65).
13. Sourav Mondal, Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, Process modelling for removal of phenolic compounds from industrial wastewater using mixed matrix membrane, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 54 (2015) 514-521. (I.F. 3.1).
14. Raka Mukherjee and Sirshendu De, Adsorptive removal of nitrate from aqueous solution by polyacrylonitrile–alumina nanoparticle mixed matrix hollow-fiber membrane, Journal of Membrane Science, 466 (2014) 281-292.
15. Sourav Mondal, Raka Mukherjee, Somak Chatterjee and Sirshendu De, Adsorption-concentration polarization model for ultrafiltration in mixed matrix membrane, AIChE Journal, 60 (2014) 2354-2364. (I.F. 3.3).
16. Raka Mukherjee and Sirshendu De, Adsorptive Removal of Phenolic compounds using cellulose acetate phthalate–alumina nanoparticle mixed matrix membrane, Journal of Hazardous material, 265 (2014) 8–19. (I.F. 6.4)
1. S. Mondal, R. Mondal, K. Kurada, M. Mondal, S. Karmakar, S. De and I.M. Griffiths, Arsenic remediation using a novel soil based filter, IWA Young Water professional conference, Cape Town, December 10-13, 2017.
2. R. Mondal, S. Mondal, S. De and I.M. Griffiths, Mitigation of arsenic mass-poisoning: the answer by mathematics, APS Division of fluid dynamics meeting, Denver, November 18-21, 2017.
3. R. Mondal, S. Mondal, S. De and I.M. Griffiths, STEM for Britain, 2017 (a poster competition for early career researchers) in British Parliament, London for demonstration of work to members of parliament.
4. R. Mukherjee and S. De, Oral presentation in AIChE Annual Meeting, 2014 held in Atlanta, USA, “Novel Mixed-Matrix-Membrane with Activated Carbon for Steel-Industry Effluent Treatment”, paper ID 367700.
5. R. Mukherjee and S. De, Hybrid membrane based separation process for treatment of industrial water, presented in the International Workshop under New INDIGO Scheme on "Hybrid Membrane Based Separation Processes for Treatment of Industrial Wastewater" held at IIT Kharagpur on April 2014.
6. R. Mukherjee and S. De, Invited talk in Tata-Steel at Jamshedpur, India on “Application of mixed matrix membrane for treatment of steel plant effluents” on 27-28th April 2015.
7. R. Mukherjee and S. Panda, Poster presentation in IWPSD, 2011, International Conference on physics of semiconductor, held in December 2011, at IIT Kanpur.
8. R. Mukherjee and S. Panda, Oral presentation “Electrochemical synthesis, immobilisation and transmission line modelling of aniline and N-Phenyl-glycine co-polymer for heavy metal detection”, in CHEMCON, 2011, Annual session of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers held in Bangalore, India.