Sensor Placement in Water Distribution Networks, Cyber Physical Systems, Security of critical infrastructures, Fault detection and isolation, Data analytics, Control Systems
2011-2016: Ph.D- Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
Thesis title: Sensor and Actuator Network Design for Contaminant Detection and Mitigation in Water Distribution Networks
2019 October - Present: Assistant professor, Indian Institue of Petroleum and Energy, Visakhapatnam.
2016 December (29th)- 2019 October: Research Fellow, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore.
2016 September-2016 December: Research Assistant, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore.
1. Computer-Aided Process Engineering
2. Chemical Reaction Engineering
3. Intro to Chemical Engineering
Co-Investigator of the project: "A two-track approach to CPS Reconnaissance: Causal-graphs and axiomatic design”, Funded by National Research Foundation (NRF)- Singapore, 2019-2021. (445K SGD, PI: Prof. Arlindo Silva from SUTD).
1. V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan, R. Rengasamy, Raviteja and B. S. Murthy, Sensor Network Design for Contaminant Detection and Identification in Water Distribution Networks, Computers & Chemical Engineering journal, 87 (2016) 246-256.
2. V. R. Palleti, Varghese Kurian, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy, Actuator Network Design to Mitigate Contamination Effects in Water Distribution Networks, Computers & Chemical Engineering Journal 108 (2018),194-205.
3. V. R. Palleti, Tan Tu Chong, Lakshminarayanan Samavedham, A Mechanistic Fault Detection and Isolation Approach Using Kalman Filter to Improve the Security of Cyber Physical Systems, Journal of Process Control 68 (2018),160-170.
4. V. R. Palleti, Jude Victor, Arlindo Silva, A Contribution of Axiomatic Design Principles to the Analysis and Impact of Attacks on Critical Infrastructures, International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection 23 (2018),21-32.
5. Casper de Winter, V. R. Palleti, Daniel, Robert Kooij, Optimal Placement of Imperfect Water Quality Sensors in Water Distribution Networks, Computers and Chemical Engineering Journal 121(2019), 200-211.
6. Vishrut Kumar Mishra, V. R. Palleti and Aditya Mathur, A Modeling Framework for Critical Infrastructure and its Application in Detecting Cyber-Attacks on a Water Distribution System, International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection, 26(2019).
7. Casper de Winter, Palleti V. R, Daniel, Robert Kooij, Measuring Imperfectness of sensors in Water Distribution Networks, Measurement Science and Technology Journal 30(2019).
8. V. R. Palleti, Vishrut Kumar, Mujeeb Choudhary, and Aditya Mathur, Can Replay Attacks to Steal Water from Water Distribution Systems Remain Undetected?, Submitted to ACM transactions on Cyber Physical Systems. (Under Review)
9. Sridhar Adepu, V. R. Palleti, Gyanednra Mishra, and Aditya Mathur, Investigation of Cyber Attacks on a Water Distribution System, Submitted International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection. (Under Review)
1. Pouranas Evangelos, Riccardo Taormina, Manish Thapa, Stefano, Galellio, Venkata Reddy Palleti and Rober Kooij, Self-healing against Cascading Failures in Power-to-Power-to-Water Interdependent Networks, Third ACM International Workshop on Critical Infrastructure Network Security (CINS) At: Phoenix, USA.
2. Cheng Feng, Palleti V. R, Deeph Chana and Aditya Mathur, A Systematic Framework to Generate Invariants for Anomaly Detection in Industrial Control Systems” The Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), 24-27 February 2019, San Diego, CA.
3. Mujeeb, Palleti V. R, Aditya Mathur, WADI: A Water Distribution Testbed for Research in the Design of Secure Cyber Physical Systems in the proceedings of 3rd International workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems for Smart Water Networks, Pittsburgh, USA, 25-28, April 2017.
4. V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy, Optimal Sensor Placement for Contamination Detection and Identification in Water Distribution Networks, in the proceedings of ESCAPE-24, Budapest, 1447-1452, June 2014.
5. V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy, Sensor Network Design for early Intrusion Detection and Identification in Water Distribution Networks, in the proceedings of 2nd Indian Control Conference (ICC), 134-139, IIT Hyderabad 2016.
6. V. R. Palleti, S. Narasimhan and R. Rengasamy,
Exploiting Sensor Response Times to Design Sensor Networks for Monitoring Water
Distribution Networks” in the proceedings of 4th Advances in Control
and Optimization of Dynamical Systems (ACODS), 492-497, NIT Tiruchirapally,