Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy
Main Building, Floor II, AU college of Engineering (AUCE), Visakhapatnam 530003, AP, India
- 2007– 2013: Ph.D. Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- 2005 – 2007: M.Sc. in Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- 2002 – 2005: B.Sc. in Chemistry (Honours), University of Calcutta, West Bengal, India.
- 2019-present: Assistant Professor, Chemistry, Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam, AP, India.
- 2018-2019: Assistant Professor (Contractual), Chemistry, Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam, AP, India.
- 2013-2018: Assistant Professor, Chemistry, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
- BS10002: Physical Chemistry
- CH10001: Polymer and Surfactants
- Elective V: Nanomaterials for Hydrocarbon
Awards and Honors
- LAFICS fellowship (Aug'2008-Dec'2008) at ICMCB, Bordeaux, France
- CSIR-NET 2007
- GATE 2007
Member of Professional Bodies
- Life member: Indian Chemical Society (L31196)
- Associate Editor: Juniper online Journal of material science, Juniper publishers, California, USA
- Syed Ilias Basha, Somnath Ghosh*, K. Vinothkumar, B. Ramesh, P. Hema prakash kumari, K. V. Murali Mohan, E. Sukumar*: Fumaric acid incorporated Ag/agar-agar hybrid hydrogel: A multi-functional avenue to tackle wound healing. Materials Science and Engineering C 2020, 111, 110743-110755.
- Syed Ilias Basha, Somnath Ghosh, K. Vinoth Kumar, B. Ramesh, P. Hema Prakash Kumari, Ethirajan Sukumar: Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of fumaric acid incorporated silver nanoparticle hydrogel. J. Indian Chemical Society 2019, 96, 1409-1412.
- B. K Goriparthi, P. N. E Naveen,
H. R Shankar, S. Ghosh*: Mechanical, wear and fatigue behaviour of
functionalized CNTs reinforced POM/PTFE composites. Materials Research Express
2019, 6 (6), 065051.
B. K Goriparthi, P. N. E Naveen,
H. R Shankar, S. Ghosh*: Effect of functionalization and concentration of
carbon nanotubes on mechanical, wear and fatigue behaviours of
polyoxymethylene/carbon nanotube nanocomposites. Bulletin of Materials Science
2019, 42 (3), 98
S. Ghosh*, V. Vandana:
Nano-structured mesoporous silica/silver composite: Synthesis, characterization
and targeted application towards water purification. Materials Research Bulletin
2017, 88, 291
S. Ghosh*, R. Gowri Sankar, V.
vandana: Curious Case of Bactericidal Action of ZnO. Journal of Nanoscience
2014, Article ID 343467, 8 pages
Kumar, S. Ghosh, N. Munichandraiah, H. N Vasan1.5 V battery driven reduced
graphene oxide–silver nanostructure coated carbon foam (rGO–Ag–CF) for the
purification of drinking water. Nanotechnology 2013, 24 (23), 235101
- V. Venkatesan, S. L. Hoti, N.
Kamaraj, S. Ghosh, K Rajaram: Optimisation of an asymmetric polymerase chain
reaction assay for the amplification of single-stranded DNA from Wuchereria
bancrofti for electrochemical detection. Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz
2013, 108 (6), 804.
S. Ghosh, A. Saraswathi, S. S.
Indi, S. L. Hoti, H. N. Vasan: Ag@AgI, Core@Shell structure in agarose matrix
as hybrid: Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity. Langmuir
2012, 28, 8550.
S. Ghosh, V.
S. Goudar, K. G. Padmalekha, S. V. Bhat, S. S. Indi and H. N. Vasan ZnO/Ag
nanohybrid: synthesis, characterization, synergistic antibacterial activity and
its mechanism. ZnO/Ag nanohybrid: synthesis, characterization, synergistic
antibacterial activity and its mechanism. RSc Advances 2012, 2, 930.
Wajeeha Sultana, S. Ghosh, B. Eraiah: Zinc Oxide Modified Au
Electrode as Sensor for an Efficient Detection of Hydrazine. Electroanalysis
2012, 24, 1869.
S. Ghosh, T.
K. Ranebennur, H. N. Vasan: Study of antibacterial efficacy of hybrid
chitosan-silver nanoparticles for prevention of specific biofilm and water
purification. Int. J. Carbohydrate Chemistry 2011, Article ID 693759, 11 pages (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2011/693759)
Ghosh, R. Kaushik, K. Nagalakshmi, S. L. Hoti, G. A. Menezes, B. N. Harish:
Antimicrobial activity of highly stable silver nanoparticles embedded in
agar-agar matrix as thin film. Carbohydrate Research 2010, 345, 2220.