Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy
Main Building, Floor II, AU college of Engineering (AUCE), Visakhapatnam 530003, AP, India
Phone No.: 9078519228
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Page: https://sites.google.com/site/diitksdffw/
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=yBGy5yMAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
2013– 2018: Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
2009– 2011: M. Tech., Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
Aug. 2019-present: Assistant Professor; Chemical Engineering; Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, Visakhapatnam
Sept. 2018 - Jul. 2019: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Assam Engineering College, India
Nov. 2017 - Sept. 2018: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, C. V. R.C. , Bhubaneswar, India
Oct. 2012 - Oct. 2017: Project Fellow, Sponsored by BRNS, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Mumbai
Jun. 2011 - Sept. 2012: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technology, Nuzvid, AP, India.
Fluid Mechanics; Heat Transfer
Awards and Honors
- GATE Score: 580, All India Ranking: 72 in the year 2009.
- Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) Fellowship from 2012 to 2018.
- Third award for best poster on "Surface modification of polymeric membrane using pulsed DC plasma" in Research Scholars’ Day, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, 2015.
- Second award for best poster on "Low temperature plasma treatment of PAN membranes " in Research Scholars’ Day, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, 2016.
- Delivered invited popular talk on “Surface Engineering and Modification” in the Golden Jubilee Lecture Theatre of Assam State Centre, The Institute of Engineers (India), Guwahati 781001, 2nd February 2019.
- Awarded Collaborative Research Project (Title: Development of Antifouling Membranes using Low Temperature Plasma) under TEQIP III (World bank funded); Amount: Rs. 300000/-, (11th May 2019). Reff. No.: ASTU/TEQIP-III/CR/2019/3851
- Serving as an Invited Member of the Editorial Board of American Journal of Materials Research
- Serving as an Invited Member of the Editorial Board of Colloid and Surface Science.
- Serving as an Invited Member of the Editorial Board of Chemical Engineering Open Access Open Journal
- CRS project award (Title: Development of Antifouling Membranes for Wastewater Treatment in Membrane Bioreactor) as a PI (under NPIU); Amount: Rs. 1800000/-. (18th June 2019). Reff. No.: CRS/ID: 1-5736903071
- Invited Organizing Committee Member of 2nd World Congress on Petrochemistry, Oil & Gas, September 03-04, 2019 | Dubai, UAE.
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Surface modification of polyacrylonitrile co-polymer membranes using pulsed direct current nitrogen plasma, Thin Solid Films 597 (2015) 171-182.
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Improved antifouling characteristics of acrylonitrile co-polymer membrane by low temperature pulsed ammonia plasma in the treatment of oil–water emulsion, Vacuum 131 (2016) 293-304.
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Treatment of polyacrylonitrile co‐polymer membrane by low temperature radio‐frequency nitrogen plasma, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, 29 (2018) 775-784.
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Hydrophilic surface modification of polyacrylonitrile based membrane: effect of low temperature radio frequency carbon dioxide plasma, Polymer Bulletin, DOI:10.1007/s00289-017-2230-9 (2017).
- D. Pal, S. Neogi, S. De, Comparative study of hydrophilic modification of polyacrylonitrile membranes by nitrogen and carbon dioxide RF plasma, Polymer Engineering & Science, DOI: doi.org/10.1002/pen.25217 (2019)
- J. Dasgupta, S. Chakraborty, J. Sikder, R. Kumar, D. Pal, S. Curcio, E. Drioli, The effects of thermally stable titanium silicon oxide nanoparticles on structure and performance of cellulose acetate ultrafiltration membranes, Separation and Purification Technology 133 (2014) 55-68.
- S. Thakur, D. Pal, S. Neogi, Prevention of biofilm attachment by plasma treatment of polyethylene, Surface Innovations 4 (2016) 33-38.
- A Sarkar, D Pal, L Das, S Saha, S Sarkar, Cold atmospheric plasma, a new promising advanced treatment modality for oral cancer, JIDA, 13 (2019) 20-27.
- A Sarkar, D Pal, L Das, S Saha, S Sarkar, Parental awareness and knowledge for avulsed teeth among Bengali population in West Bengal. JIDA, 15 (2019) 22-26.
- D. Pal, S. De, S. Neogi, Surface modification of polyacrylonitrile co-polymer membranes using pulsed DC nitrogen plasma, presented in the International Workshop under New INDIGO Scheme on "Hybrid Membrane Based Separation Processes for Treatment of Industrial Wastewater" held at IIT Kharagpur on April 2014.
- D. Pal, S. De, S. Neogi, Surface Modification of Polyacrylonitrile Co-Polymer Membranes Using Pulsed Direct Current Plasma. Conference: The African Membrane Society First International Congress: SFAX 2016-May 3rd to 5th 2016-Tunisia, Energy Aspect of Desalination Processes.
- D. Pal, S. De, S. Neogi, Surface modification of polyacrylonitrile based membrane: Effect of low temperature pulsed DC discharge of nitrogen and ammonia plasma by. Conference: 6th world congress on adhesion and related phenomena in conjunction with 41st annual meeting of the adhesion society.
- D. Pal, A. Baruah, Energy storage in phase change material: A theoretical study, Technical Volume cum souvenir: Bo–fuels, Bio energy & Bio–economy, The Institution of Engineers (India), October, 2018, Page 46-50.