Hostel Rules and Regulation (IIPE)
The following are placed on the Website and on the Notice Boards of the respective Hostels.
Kindly note that IIPE holds the right to revise the rules if necessary.
- Ragging in any form, inside or outside the hostel is banned at IIPE. Any student found indulged in ragging or harassing a fellow student will be straightaway expelled from the Hostel.
- Hostel is meant only for the use of bonafide student of that particular hostel.
- No married accommodation shall be provided to any student.
- No student is allowed to discontinue availing hostel facility either temporarily or permanently without giving a written application to the concerned warden and completing the formalities such as getting the no dues form signed by all the concerned parties, along with submission of parental consent letter/copy of email. Leaving without informing the concerned authorities would attract strict disciplinary action that would be dealt with by the disciplinary committee.
- A student once admitted into the hostel will continue to be a hostel inmate throughout the academic year unless in case of point no 5 or otherwise debarred from the hostel on disciplinary grounds.
- If a student is compelled to leave the hostel in between the academic year due to any reasons, including medical, s/he has to forfeit the hostel fee paid for the whole year as it is to be paid to the vendor. Also, any kind of allotment/avail of facilities will be done on annual basis only.
- The students should pay their mess charges within the first seven days of the month. If they fail to do so a fine of ₹ 100 per week will be imposed on them.
- Residents shall occupy the rooms only after allotment is made by the concerned hostel wardens. Room change may be permitted in exceptional cases, by the concerned Warden. Unauthorized occupation of any room or exchange of rooms without prior permission shall be considered as serious violation of disciplinary rules. Students found guilty of such violation of the hostel rules will be called for disciplinary action, which may lead to expulsion from the hostel.
- Hostel accommodation (room) can be changed by the management if found necessary at any point of time.
- Smoking, consumption of alcoholic drinks/intoxicants/drugs inside or outside the hostel premises is strictly prohibited. Any violation will invoke rustication from the hostel and even from the Institute. A vigilance team may carry out surprise check of hostel premises at any time. Defaulters may be handed over to the Police, if situation so warrants.
- Students shall be required to make their rooms available whenever required for inspection, regular cleaning, repairs, maintenance, or disinfecting and shall vacate the rooms when leaving for the vacations/holidays. They are expected to practise basic hygiene to avoid causing inconvenience to fellow hostel mates and caretakers.
- All visitors to the hostel including the parents/guardian will have to make necessary entries in the visitors’ book available at the hostel entrance with the security guard.
- No guest or visitor of the inmate will be permitted to visit their rooms. Visitors and guests should be received in Visitors’ room or Reception area with the permission of the warden. No visitor is permitted in the hostel after 9 p.m.
- No parent or guardian of a student is permitted to visit the hostel rooms or stay in the hostel.
- The book-in time for hostel for the girls and boys are 7 P.M and 10 P.M. respectively. If any student has to stay out after the said timing owing to any special reason, s/he must obtain prior permission from the concerned warden. For the inmates of the girl’s hostel, parent sms/email from registered number/email id consenting the same, is mandatory. Such permissions are limited to three per month. Further, if any student is late beyond 30 minutes of his/her permitted time of overstay, a letter/e-mail has to be given by both the student and the parent stating the reasons for such delay. After three repeat offences, the student will be summoned to the Director. Further violation will be dealt with strict disciplinary action which may include expulsion from the hostel.
- The inmates of the Girls hostel are required to take permission from warden for staying outdoors for more than 8 hours, on holidays or days on which classes are not being conducted owing to any special reason. Further, they need to seek permission if they want to go out of hostel before 8 a.m. Violating the same would mean escalation to Disciplinary Committee for further action.
- Every student should record his/her entry and exit at the hostel gate with timings and signature, failing which a letter would be sent to the parents and a fine of ₹100 would be levied for each lapse. Signing on behalf of others is a serious offense and would be taken to the notice of the parents and disciplinary committee.
- No student shall use the service of hostel workers for personal work even on payment. S/he shall also not bring any worker/personal attendant from outside even temporarily. Such event would be dealt with strict disciplinary action.
- Students are not allowed to enter in to the rooms of other students without the permission of the inmates.
- Any kind of food from outside is not recommended in the hostel.
- Hostel inmates are supposed to take food inside common dining hall only. Students are not allowed to take food in their rooms except in case of medical reasons.
- Hostel inmates are not permitted to take away any article/utensils etc, from hostel/mess premises, not even to their rooms.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during regular class hours at institute except in case of medical reasons. If found, may be called for strict disciplinary action and parents will be informed about the same.
- For any kind of special medical treatment, the inmates are supposed to make their own arrangements and may be asked to stay at their homes with parents. In case of any medical emergency students should inform immediately to caretaker/hostel administration/hostel warden. In case of any accident/emergency at hostel, students must approach caretakers present in the hostel to take the concerned student to nearest medical facility/hospital. Medical expenses have to be borne by the students themselves.
- No nuisance of any kind shall be made at any time in the hostel premises like playing loud music, games etc. and if it is found or complained, disciplinary action will be initiated by Disciplinary Committee. It may include a fine of ₹100 for the first two times, which would go into the community service fund and third time it would be expulsion from the Hostel.
- Any complaint from the neighbours/society will attract a fine of ₹1000 or expulsion from Hostel, depending on the nature of offence and the respective warden is to initiate the action against such complaints.
- Every case of illness and accident must be reported immediately to the Hostel Caretaker /Warden.
- No function or celebrations shall be organized except with prior written permission of the warden/administration.
- Students are not allowed to arrange any group religious activities in their room.
- Resident students or Day Scholars are not permitted to enter hostel and convene any meeting of any sort under any circumstances anywhere in the hostel premises without the prior permission of the warden.
- No poster etc. should be put up anywhere, either in rooms or lobbies and they can be displayed only on the notice board.
- Spoiling the walls/hostel property by any means is strictly prohibited. Students should handle hostel equipment, furniture, mess property carefully and not tamper with any of them. Deposit of the students who have been found spoiling the hostel property by any means will be forfeited and compensation would be charged, up to the extent of damage.
- Students suffering from any contagious disease will not be allowed to stay in the hostel. Decision of the Warden in this regard will be final and binding.
- Allotment of the room, furniture etc. will be entirely at the discretion of the authorities and no complaint in this regard will be entertained. Authorities hold the right to reshuffle the allotment of the rooms if situation warrants so.
- All matters relating to differences among students and complaints about the hostel workers or any other grievances shall be brought to the notice of the Hostel Care Takers/wardens who, in turn, would initiate appropriate action as necessary. No police complaint will be lodged by the students without intimation or prior permission from the authorities.
- Students are expected to switch off the lights and fans in their rooms every time they go out and take precautions to conserve electricity and also to use water judiciously. Students should not drive nails, screws etc. into the wall, or doors. No repair shall be done by the student themselves. They should approach the Caretaker who will do the needful for repairs.
- Student should not keep large sums of money or valuable articles with them or in their rooms. The students should make arrangement of their own locks and should take proper care of their belongings. The hostel authorities don’t hold themselves responsible for the custody of the property of the students staying in the hostel.
- No additional luxurious individual facilities are permitted in the hostel. If such is used by a student, it would be immediately confiscated without any notice. Either a fine of ₹1000 would be imposed on the defaulter or s/he will be expelled from the hostel or both actions may be taken, depending on the nature of the offence.
- Use of heaters, coolers, iron, heating rods, and other electrical items is not permitted. If students are found using such items/tools, a penalty of ₹1000 would be charged against an individual and the item would be confiscated by the authorities. In addition, keeping pets and engaging in any form of cooking by the students is prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to indulge in any kind of fight, heated arguments with the hostel/vendor staff and other fellow students. They are required to submit their complaints directly in hostel office or complaint register kept in the hostel. Serious /misconduct may attract expulsion from the hostel immediately and the fees paid by the inmate will be forfeited.
- Students will be penalized with a fine of ₹1000 for any kind of undisciplined/anti-institutional activities in students' mess, institutional premises or in the IIPE buses while travelling and the funds would be used for community services. Also, severe disciplinary action will be initiated.
- Booking out from the hostel at night in case of emergency, is allowed only if the permission is obtained from the authority in consultation with the parents of the ward. In such cases, parents should contact the Warden immediately.
- Students who wish to go home for holiday/s should fill in the “leave -form” and seek permission from the Warden, at least two days in advance. In case of sudden declaration of a holiday, the form can be given to the caretaker after informing promptly to the warden. In view of safety, the parents of girl’s hostel inmates are to send an sms/email from registered number/id mentioning the details of the dates of their ward’s absence from hostel at least two days in advance. Violation of the same would attract necessary action by disciplinary committee.
- Any student not found in his/her allotted room in the night hour (without permission of hostel authorities) will be dealt with disciplinary action of issuing warning letter for the first time and for repeating the same it would attract expulsion from the hostel.
- Transportation facility in case of sickness or for emergency medical treatment will be arranged by the caretaker and the concerned student will be escorted to the hospital. Students willing to volunteer for assisting any sick student also should inform the caretaker and the warden.
- Use of any type of powered vehicle/two-wheelers is strictly prohibited in the hostel Premises .Further, the hostel inmates are not allowed to use/borrow any bike/vehicle from day scholars, friends etc.
- All the students must carry ID cards with them at all times. Identity card can be asked to be shown by any official including security guards at the entry gate of the institute as well as in the hostel. Failure to produce ID card would forfeit their attendance in class or boarding in the college bus.
- Students are not allowed to become members of outside societies or allowed to join discussion of a political nature or to take part in any political activity without prior permission from the authority. If found engaging in such activities, disciplinary action may be initiated.
- Students are not permitted to keep fire arms or any lethal weapon with them in the hostel premises even though it is obtained through a license. Defaulters may be subjected to judicial action if deemed necessary.
- Students are required to observe the mess timings strictly. They may not be served food beyond the prescribed timings.
- All the students are to go through the hostel rules and regulations meticulously and everyone should be aware that the warden of a hostel shall have power to reprimand, impose fine or take any other such suitable measures against any inmate who violates the conduct rules.
All students must abide by the rules and regulations of the Hostel as may be revised from time to time.
Any grievances should be promptly brought to the notice of the warden in writing, for swift action and smooth running of the hostels
Cooperation of students and the parents/guardians is required by the wardens to enable them in discharge of duties effectively. It is advisable not to contact wardens beyond working hours for non-emergency issues. Students should approach caretakers/hostel office for routine complaints/permissions.