Expression of interest for providing buses for transportation of students from College to Hostels, back and vice versa for Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam, AP Advt No.IIPE/EoI/002/2017-18
The Government of India under AP Reorganization Act has offered to set up several Central Funded Institutions of National importance in the state of Andhra Pradesh (AP), one of them being Petroleum University. Accordingly, under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG), a Petroleum University by the name ‘Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy” (IIPE)’ is set up. The Government of Andhra Pradesh has allotted 200 acres of land in Sabbavaram Mandal, Visakhapatnam for setting up IIPE. Till such time permanent campus is ready for occupation at Sabbavaram, the Institute is presently running at its temporary campus at Andhra University of College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam. Expression of interest is invited for transportation of its students from Hostels-College-Hostels vice versa broadly as per the requirements given below:
- The Bus should not be more than 2-year-old.
- The requirement is broadly to transport about 300 students daily from Hostels-College-Hostels vice versa within the vicinity of about 10 Kms / 5 KM. from the temporary campus at AU College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam;
- Apart from this, there may be some local transportation for the industrial visits etc., by the students;
- The transporter is expected to deploy 6 buses of 50 seater capacity each having good road worthy condition with aesthetic interiors;
- The buses shall be under exclusive and dedicated usage of IIPE and not to be deployed or to be diverted for other jobs of the contractor;
- The agreement initially shall be for a period of Two years; extendable by One more year;
- The Agency shall provide the details of contact person who will be the single point coordinator and responsible for all the obligations;
- A clause of termination of the contract with three months’ notice from IIPE side shall be incorporated in the agreement;
- The bill shall be raised by the agency before 5th for the previous month and payment shall be released within 20 days from the date of receipt of technically and commercially clear bill after effecting necessary TDS deductions;
- Applicable GST shall also be paid subject to providing required documentation;
- The agency to take required approvals, licenses, comprehensive insurance if any as required under law of the under for transportation of the students to be run as College bus;
- The buses shall be in good road worthy condition with all required documents like FC, valid registration to operate in Andhra Pradesh as School Bus etc.;
- The transportation of students shall not be required during IIPE scheduled Semester end vacation – Twice a year approximately lasting for 30 days in each semester) during which period, no payment shall be made to the contractor
- The odometer of the buses shall always be kept in perfect condition;
- The agency to engage experienced drivers with valid licenses with good track record of safe driving;
- The drivers engaged shall not be of more than 50 years age and demonstrate good manners while on duty;
- The drivers are to be provided with required uniform;
- The contractor shall be responsible for all contractual obligations and for the acts of their drivers, staff or their agents etc.
- In case of complaint, the drivers need to be replaced;
- The drivers while on duty should not indulge in gambling, playing cards or any other such activity;
- While on duty the drivers should not be under the intoxication of Alcohol, drugs, Gutka or any such substance;
- The contractor to provide mobile phone to drivers at his own cost;
- The contractor to abide by all statutory obligations like minimum wages, ESI, PF etc., to their drivers and only those covered under PF & ESI will be allowed to drive the vehicles;
- The required road tax and/or any other taxes/duties shall be paid by the contractor with updates as required under law of the land;
- The contractor to provide vehicle fitness and permit for all the buses including pollution under control certificate and these should be available with the buses / drivers always for any check by the statutory authorities;
- The contractor to ensure that the buses are also covered under the provisions of Andhra Pradesh Motor Vehicle Act and IIPE shall not be liable to pay for any breach of the said provisions by the contractor, their employees or any of their agents;
- The contractor shall solely be held responsible for any loss/damage to IIPE monetary or otherwise, due to their employees, or their agents’ actions etc.
- The agency to ensure safety of the students always and each bus shall be equipped with a fire extinguisher;
The individuals/agencies financially sound and capable of meeting the requirements broadly as aforesaid but not limited to only those, may express their interest with their profile, present clientele, fleet of vehicles owned etc.
The individuals/agency shall also to provide their IT returns of past three years;
Physical document of their expression of interest may be sent by Registered post so as to reach by to
Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy,
2nd floor, Andhra University College of Engineering,
Visakhapatnam 530 003
- Canvassing in any form and /or bringing any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification and their expression of interest shall summarily be rejected;
- The Institutes reserves the right to rectify any discrepancy of the Advertisement, if found later on.
- Applicant shall be responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the Expression of interest. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the Expression of interest or thereafter is incorrect / false, their expression of interest not only shall be rejected but also the agency shall be black listed for future;
- Institute will not be responsible for non-receipt of Expression of Interest within the stipulated date or for postal / transit delays and documents not attached / incomplete;
- Expression of interest received through brokers/agents/notorious back ground shall out-rightly be rejected.
- The Director reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the Expression of interest received without assigning any reason. The decision of the Director shall be final and binding;
Any dispute with regard to the selection/acceptance shall be subject to Visakhapatnam jurisdiction only;