How To Apply
B.TECH. ADMISSION – 2018
IIPE, Vishakhapatnam invites applications from the Indian citizens for admission into 4-year B.Tech. programmes in the following disciplines for the academic session 2018-19.
- Petroleum Engineering (Number of seats = 50)
- Chemical Engineering (Number of seats = 50)
Students should have taken JEE (Advanced) - 2018 and must separately apply for IIPE counselling through website www.iipe.ac.in. Admissions are on the basis of the scores in JEE (Advanced) 2018. Admission forms can be filled-up on-line after payment of Application fee only.
Application Fee (Non Refundable)
₹1000/- for UR & OBC
₹500/- for SC/ST/PH
Reservation Policy as per the Government of India directives will be applicable.
Admission will be based on JEE (Advanced) - 2018 Rank List.
Performance in Class XII (or Equivalent) Board Examinations: The candidate should satisfy at least one of the following two criteria for admission to IITs.
1. Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks of SC, ST and PWD candidates should be at least 65%
2. Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class XII (or equivalent) board examination. The percentile calculation will be done for the required subjects in a single academic year only. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the cut-off marks for fulfilling the top 20 percentile criterion (i) Physics, (ii) Chemistry, (iii) Mathematics, (iv) A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered), (v) Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered). For calculation of the total marks for five subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject is NOT out of 100, then the marks will be scaled (up or down) to 100 so that the total aggregate marks is out of 500.
However, the onus lies on the candidate to prove that he / she is within the top 20 percentile at the time of physical Registration / verification for admission by way of proper authenticated credential, failing which his/her registration / admission stands cancelled and the 25 % of the advance tuition fee paid by him / her shall be forfeited.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES WHO WERE ALLOTTED SEAT
1. The candidates who have been provisionally allotted seat by paying advance fee online have to imperatively report physically on 6th August, 2018 between 10 AM and 4 PM at IIPE office at Visakhapatnam along with the originals of their certificates and credentials as listed below along with DD for balance fee.
All Certificates, Marks Sheets & Other Documents in Original and Two Sets of Photocopies:
1. All certificates (Pass Certificate, if any and Marks Sheets/ Grade Cards) for 10th Class and 12th Class;
2. Original Admit Card of JEE (Advanced) 2018 and Downloaded Score Card of JEE (Advanced) 2018;
3. Date of Birth proof (SSC / XII Certificate which contains the Date of Birth);
4. Provisional Seat Allotment Letter along with copy of the application
5. Proof of payment of advance fee for seat acceptance of Rs.30,000 (for GEN, OBC) or Rs.20,000 (for SC, ST);
6. Colour Passport Size and Stamp Size Photographs with white background (at least 12 numbers each);
7. Duly certified original medical report from Government Medical officer;
8. Caste Certificate ( OBC / SC / ST), if applicable (Issued by competent authority);
9. Physical Disability certificate (if applicable) for PH candidates.
For students who do not produce the original testimonials or fail to pay the balance of the fee, their admission will be cancelled and the seats shall be made open for the spot admissions;
Note: The originals will be returned after verification and self-attested copies will be retained at the Reporting Centre.
Candidates are requested to follow the IIPE website (www.iipe.ac.in) regularly for results and admission related updates. No personal communication will be entertained for admission. If any person fails to follow details, it is totally at his/her risk and responsibility, and institute does not bear any liability.
REFUND OF ADMISSION FEES
Money of the candidates not selected in any list will be refunded as per AICTE rules.
Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy,
2nd Floor, AU Engineering College Main Building,