How To Apply
Students should take JEE (Advanced) - 2017 and must separately apply for IIPE counselling. Admissions are on the basis of the scores in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
Admission forms can be filled up On-line after payment of Application fee only.
Application Fee (Non Refundable)
₹1000/- for UR & OBC
₹500/- for SC/ST/PH
Payment of application fee can be made through either Online or Challan System of SBI only.
Reservation Policy as per the Government of India directives will be applicable.
Application Portal Opens
On June 15, 2017 (subject to change)
Office of IIPE : 08912575152
B.TECH. ADMISSION – 2017 (JEE Advanced, 2017)
IIPE, Vishakhapatnam invites applications from the Indian citizens for admission into 4-year B.Tech. programmes in the following disciplines for the academic session 2017-18
- Petroleum Engineering (Number of seats = 50)
- Chemical Engineering (Number of seats = 50)
Admission will be based on JEE (Advanced) - 2017 Rank List. Performance in Class XII (or Equivalent) Board Examinations: The candidate should satisfy at least one of the following two criteria for admission to IITs.
1. Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks of SC, ST and PWD candidates should be at least 65%
2. Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class XII (or equivalent) board examination. The percentile calculation will be done for the required subjects in a single academic year only. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the cut-off marks for fulfilling the top 20 percentile criterion. i. Physics, ii. Chemistry, iii. Mathematics, iv. A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered). v. Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered). For calculation of the total marks for five subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject is NOT our of 100, then the marks will be scaled (up or down) to 100 so that the total aggregate marks is out of 500.
However, the onus lies on the candidate to prove that he/she is within the top 20 percentile at the time of Physical Registration/verification for admission by way of proper authenticated credential, failing which his/her registration / admission stands cancelled and the 25% of the advance tuition fee paid by him//her shall be forfeited.
Cut-Off Ranks in each category
To know the cut off ranks in each category, click here.
Cut off Ranks 2016-17
SCHEDULE FOR B. TECH ADMISSION AT IIPE (TENTATIVE)
|Last date for online submission of application||July 12th|
|Result of First Round of Allotment of Students||July 16th|
|Last date for acceptance of Registration Fee for First Round
( General/ OBC: Rs. 30,000/-, SC/ST: Rs. 20,000/-, and PH: Category wise)
|Result of Second Round of Allotment of Students||July 24th|
|Last date for acceptance of Registration Fee for Second Round
( General/ OBC: Rs. 30,000/-, SC/ST: Rs. 20,000/-, and PH: Category wise)
|Admission process for all two rounds||July 31st|
|Orientation Programme||August 4th|
|Spot Admissions||August 3rd|
|Academic session starts||August 4th|
Any admission till confirmed after verification of the original documents and other eligibility criterion shall be considered as provisional only subject to cancellation at any time.
DETAILS OF FEES
- The payment of balance tuition fee by the Candidate whose admission is accepted provisionally (against initial advance payment) is to be paid on 31st July, 2017 during the registration process for the programs B.Tech (Petroleum Engineering) or B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) to which the candidate is allotted provisionally.
- The balance of the tuition fee along with miscellaneous charges including deposits like Caution fee, library charges and other charges etc., amounting to Rs.5,000 per annum (Single time payment) is to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy payable at Visakhapatnam from any nationalized bank.
- Those who stay in the hostel have to pay Rs.25,000 per semester.
- An advance of Rs.5,000/- (Rupees Five thousand only) is to be paid to the Manager of the Hostel towards the food expenses of approximately covering one month.
- All the above charges are to be paid only in the form of Demand Draft payable in favour of Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy except that Rs.5,000 advance payable to the Hostel Manager.
- In other words the student who stays in hostel has to pay total Rs.75,000/- (Rs.45,000/ + Rs.5,000 + Rs.25,000) by way of single DD in favour of Indian Institutee of Petroleum and Energy and cash Rs.5,000 as advance to the Hostel Manager towards food expenses.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE ALLOTTED SEAT
- The candidates who have been provisionally allotted seat provisionally by paying advance fee online have to report physically on 31st July, 2017 between 10 AM and 4 PM at IIPE office at Visakhapatnam.
- The academic verification of all testimonials will be done on 31st July, 2017 from 10 AM to 4 PM.. All such candidates need to bring the originals of their certificates and credentials as listed below:
All Certificates, Marks Sheets & Other Documents in Original and Two Sets of Photocopies:
- All certificates (Pass Certificate, if any and Marks Sheets/ Grade Cards) for 10th Class and 12th Class;
- Original Admit Card of JEE (Advanced) 2017 and Downloaded Score Card of JEE (Advanced) 2017;
- Date of Birth proof (SSC / XII Certificate which contains the Date of Birth);
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter along with copy of the application
- Proof of payment fee for seat acceptance of Rs.30,000 (for GEN, OBC) OR Rs.20,000 (for SC, ST);
- Colour Passport Size and Stamp Size Photographs with white background (at least 12 numbers each);
- Duly certified original medical report from Government Medical officer;
- Caste Certificate ( OBC / SC / ST), if applicable (Issued by competent authority);
- Physical Disability certificate (if applicable) for PH candidates.
For students who do not produce the original testimonials or fail to pay the balance of the fee, their admission process will be cancelled and the seats shall be made open for the spot admissions;
Note: The originals will be returned after verification and self-attested copies will be retained by the Reporting Centre.
Remaining Tuition fee of Rs.45,000/- (In case of OBC / General Candidates) and Rs.17,500/- (for SC / ST candidates ) payable on the spot;
Miscellaneous fee Rs.5,000/-(Rupees Five thousand only) single time payment towards admission fee, caution deposit, library fee, sports fee etc;
Hostel fee of Rs.25,000/- per semester (In case of candidates opted for Hostel facility only);
All the above fee are to be paid by way of single Demand Draft in favour of Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy payable at Visakhapatnam
Apart from the above Rs.5,000/- is to be paid in cash to the Hostel Manager towards the advance for monthly food expenses, in case of candidates opted for Hostel facility.
Candidates are requested to follow the IIPE website (http:// http://iipe.id8lab.net//) regularly for results and admission related updates. No personal communication will be made for admission.
Spot admission at IIPE on 3rd August 2017.
REFUND OF ADMISSION FEES
Money of the candidates not selected in any list will be refunded as per AICTE rules.
Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy,
2nd Floor, AU Engineering College Main Building,