B.TECH. ADMISSION – 2017
Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam invites applications from the Indian citizens for admission into 4- year B.Tech. programmes in the following disciplines for the academic session 2017-18.
Cut-Off Ranks in each category
Cut off Ranks
- Petroleum Engineering (Number of seats = 50)
- Chemical Engineering (Number of seats = 50)
Admission will be based on JEE (Advanced) - 2017 Rank List.
Performance in Class XII (or Equivalent) Board Examinations: The candidate should satisfy at least one of the following two criteria for admission to IITs.
- Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks of SC, ST and PWD candidates should be at least 65%
- Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class XII (or equivalent) board examination. The percentile calculation will be done for the required subjects in a single academic year only. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the cut-off marks for fulfilling the top 20 percentile criterion. i. Physics, ii. Chemistry, iii. Mathematics, iv. A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered). v. Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered). For calculation of the total marks for five subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject is NOT our of 100, then the marks will be scaled (up or down) to 100 so that the total aggregate marks is out of 500.
APPLICATION FEE (NON REFUNDABLE)
₹ 1000/- for UR & OBC / ₹ 500/- for SC/ST/PH
Payment of application fee can be made either through Online or Challan System of SBI only).
Reservation Policy as per the Government of India directives will be applicable.
How to Apply
Admission forms can be filled up Online after payment of Application fee only.
Office of Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy (IIPE): 0891-2585152
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES WHO WERE ALLOTTED SEAT
- The candidates who have been provisionally allotted seat by paying advance fee online have to imperatively report physically on 30 th and 31 st July, 2017 between 10 AM and 4 PM at IIPE office at Visakhapatnam.
- The academic verification of all testimonials will be done on 30 th and 31 st July, 2017 from 10 AM to 4 PM.. All such candidates need to bring the originals of their certificates and credentials as listed below along with DD for balance fee.
All Certificates, Marks Sheets & Other Documents in Original and Two Sets of Photocopies:
- All certificates (Pass Certificate, if any and Marks Sheets/ Grade Cards) for 10th Class and 12th Class;
- Original Admit Card of JEE (Advanced) 2017 and Downloaded Score Card of JEE (Advanced) 2017;
- Date of Birth proof (SSC / XII Certificate which contains the Date of Birth);
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter along with copy of the application
- Proof of payment fee for seat acceptance of Rs.30,000 (for GEN, OBC) OR Rs.20,000 (for SC, ST);
- Colour Passport Size and Stamp Size Photographs with white background (at least 12 numbers each);
- Duly certified original medical report from Government Medical officer;
- Caste Certificate ( OBC / SC / ST), if applicable (Issued by competent authority);
- Physical Disability certificate (if applicable) for PH candidates.
For students who do not produce the original testimonials or fail to pay the balance of the fee, their admission process will be cancelled and the seats shall be made open for the spot admissions;
Note: The originals will be returned after verification and self-attested copies will be retained by the Reporting Centre.